My blog sure has come a long way from it’s early days. I first joined the blog community in 2009 not really knowing what the heck I was doing or what to even write about. I had no idea how many bloggers there were out there nor did I realize that blogging had been going on for several years before I even heard the term. Over the last year or so I came across several other “mommy bloggers” that I have enjoyed following and reading their own journeys through life, parenthood, marriages, etc. I have joined other sites dedicated to “mommy bloggers” to connect with others. The funny thing is I never once considered myself a “mommy blogger,” I thought that term was reserved for those who had babies in diapers who blogged about how hard a job being a mom is. The truth is that a “mommy blogger” is simply a “mom” who “blogs.” Whether she blogs about her life as a mom, her weight loss journey, trials she is going through, health issues, or how to save money, the term refers to us all. I love being a part of that community. I love that we are not competitive with each other, but rather embrace and support each other. I feel like I’ve known some of these awesome ladies for years even though I’ve only recently connected with them. I laugh at their stories and can totally relate to many of them. I cry along with them when they are hurting or going through heartaches.
Being a part of this awesome community also has it’s perks. I’ve been nominated by another blogger for the Liebster Award. The Liebster award is for those who are new at blogging or for those who have been blogging but have less than 200 followers. Thank you to The Pursuit of Normal for nominating me. She is one of my new favorites to read, absolutely hilarious so check her out!
Now for The Liebster Award Rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
Well, now I wish I wouldn’t have posted those random facts about myself the other day! lol Let’s see if I can think of some new stuff! I may not get 11 though after my last post! 🙂
Facts about me:
1. I hate wearing dresses. I would rather be in jeans and a t-shirt any day than have to wear a dress. The only dress I loved wearing was my wedding dress. 🙂
2. I’m often mistaken for my oldest son’s sister. I guess that’s what happens when you are 18 when you have your first child. I won’t lie, it gives me an ego boost that I look young enough to be his sister. I’m not sure how he feels about it though. lol
3. I’m often mistaken for my mom’s sister as well. She wasn’t as young when she had me, she was 21, but she looks amazing for her age. She gets hit on by guys my age! I’m sure she gets an ego boost that she looks so young. Not sure how I feel about it though. lol I do know I hope I inherit those amazing genes from her when I’m her age! 🙂
4. I’m only 5’0″ tall. Being short I never had to worry about dating guys shorter than me. Finding jeans that aren’t too long is kind of a pain, even jeans made for short people are too long most of the time. I need a stool to reach anything on the top cabinets in my kitchen. I also have to put the drivers seat almost all the way up, which makes it scary for me if the airbag was to ever come out! lol
5. I met my husband through my ex. The explanation for this would require another blog post on another day. 🙂
6. I’ve always wanted to start my own non-profit charity for the less fortunate. Maybe one day.
7. My biggest pet peeve is people smacking on their food or gum. Seriously does this need an explanation? lol
Questions for me to answer:
1. Why did you start your blog? I first started really without any reason, but in 2011 I blogged about my weight loss journey, it helped keep me accountable and motivated.
2. Something really embarrassing that has happened to you? Oh the joys of being pregnant. I had horrible balance issues with my last pregnancy. I managed to fall 3 times during that pregnancy, once even on my stomach! But the last one was a real doozie! I was 38 weeks pregnant and I was picking up “A” from the sitter. I put him in his car seat, strapped him in, and stepped back to close the car door. The driveway of my sitter had about a 2 inch ledge before you hit the grass plus it sloped down just a bit. I guess when I stepped back I thought I would still be on the concrete but I was not. Instead I lost my footing and landed right on my rear end! But it doesn’t end there! Because of the slope downward and the way I fell both my legs went up in the air and I nearly did a complete back flip over! Instead though I caught myself from going completely over and got up really fast. The worst part was another mom that was picking up her kid was backing out of the driveway and saw the whole incident! She stopped to see if I was OK but I was so embarrassed I just mumbled something and got into my car and drove off, crying the whole way home!
3. Best advice you have given or received? To fight my battles on my knees in prayer.
4. Something embarrassing one of your kids has done? 2 instances come to mind. “J” was 5 at the time and I was pregnant with “A.” It was Christmastime and I popped in the local grocery store just to get a few things I needed for dinner. It was going to be a quick trip, in and out. “J” being the typical little boy that he was, would not stop dancing around and acting silly. I kept telling him to watch where he was going and to just walk right. On the end of one of the isles was a cardboard stand that had about 10 Christmas decorated ceramic beer steins. I was near my boiling point when all of a sudden “J” runs right into the stand, knocking it over, and breaking every. single. one. of them. I used to always threaten to spank “J” in the stores to get him to behave. I mean seriously I just wanted to get in and out without a fuss over everything little thing. Once I was checking out and he wouldn’t stop whining over a toy he wanted, I threatened to spank him if he didn’t stop whining, to which he stood up in the shopping cart and yelled for the whole store to hear: “NO I DON’T WANT A SPANKING!!!” Every head in the store turned to see who the horrible mom could be. That was the last time I threatened him with that! LOL!
5. What are you hopes (secret dreams) for your blog? Wow, this is a tough question because my reasons for blogging change so often. I do hope I can inspire others to begin their weight loss journey. I also hope that by telling my story I can help others who have gone through the same thing I have.
6. Be honest, do you ever lay in bed on a Saturday morning wondering where in the world you could be if you hadn’t had kids? (Or is that just me?) Sometimes I do. I wonder what it would have been like to move away from this small town and live in a big city like New York and what it would be like to experience being young and carefree. But then I think of all the stuff I would miss by not having them. I definitely would not change a thing in that department.
7. One life changing event? Well if you’ve been reading my blog you already know my story about my dad and how we experienced what a hurricane can do. If I could think of another life changing event for me it would be having my first child. When I graduated high school I was 3 months pregnant, but I only found out a month before graduation. He was born the following fall. The life changer was that I didn’t go straight to college after high school as a result. My goal for college and a career was put on hold. I did eventually go to college but being a SAHM is where I am supposed to be right now.
8. What is the first thing you’re going to do when you become an empty-nester? I want to travel. Everywhere. 🙂
My blog nominees are:
My questions for you (yes I may have used a few from other blogs)1. What is your dream job? 2. Why did you first start to blog? 3. Where do you see yourself/family in 5 years? 4. Most embarrassing moment? 5. One life changing event, good or bad? 6. Chore you hate the most 7. Best advice you gave or received. 8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Be sure to check out the blogs listed above! Hope everyone has a great Super Bowl Sunday…may the best team win! 🙂
If you like this post please click the images below to vote for me! You can vote once a day! Thanks in advance!